The new Nokia Messaging client now offers a desktop kind of experience on your Nokia phone and specially if you have a E71. This beta is available for Nokia E75, E71 and E63, and it works with Yahoo!® Messenger, Google Talk and Ovi accounts.
Some of the key features of the new client are
- Chat with your friends on the Yahoo!® Messenger, Google Talk and Ovi communities
- Quickly navigate through multiple conversations across different communities
- Background notifications of new IMs for true multitasking on your phone
- Familiar and integrated community experience: Yahoo and Google specific emoticons, graphics, and sounds
- Rapidly set status and availability, and login invisibly - choose who you want to talk to
- See your Ovi friends' avatars and set your own
- Save conversations to remember your chat sessions
I will be adding the screenshots and give you some feedback once I install the software by tomorrow.
Follow the instructions of installation available on the download page (i.e. installing with the PC Suite). I thought I could tweak the system and transferred the ‘jar’ file to the phone and running the installation on the phone. The application installed but would not run and I got this screen.
After that I downloaded both the ‘jar’ and ‘jad’ file and installed the application through PC Suite. Everything worked smoothly.
Here are some screenshots of Nokia Messaging – IM Beta running on my E71
Here is a video of Nokia Messaging – IM beta from the Nokia Conversations channel on YouTube