Features of Google Maps for E71
Some of the features that have been added to Nokia E71 are
- Voice search ability which works like a charm. Sitting here in Chandigarh, India I could locate restaurants, local taxi and movie theaters. Isn’t that cool. I gave the commands in normal English (which means with Indian accent) and still Google Maps got it right! It is amazing. Further I could use the feature over a normal mobile connection. To know what kind of searches work on Google Maps for Mobile search refer to the page here.
- There is a redesigned settings page with Search by voice language choices. Various options are available and you can choose any one. There are quite a few foreign languages.
- There are some additional layers that have been added to the Maps.
How to install Google Maps on Nokia E71
The following steps need to be taken
- Using the inbuilt mobile browser (shortcut press and hold the’0’ key) browse to m.google.com/maps
- You will get a link to install Google Maps. Click the link
- A popup will inform you about starting the download. Save the file on either your memory card (proffered) or your phone memory.
- Run the installation. You are done njoy!
Go ahead and flaunt the voice search which will surely surprise some of your friends and family. Nokia E71 is still cool in this day and age – thanks Nokia and Google!