I had an idea that mobile games are big and lots of users actually play games. However, I never came across concrete data which could prove my assumption.
Today I came across an article on eMarketer. Some of the highlights of the article are
- 57% of wireless device owners who use AT&T play games on their devices. (according to Information Solutions Group)
- Nielsen according to a survey reports that in US there are 8.7 million mobile Internet users who also play games.
- The most popular type of games among AT&T mobile gamers were puzzles, followed by card and casino games and board games.
- Majority (62%)of the games have a length of 15 minutes or lower while 29% games have a length of 15-30 minutes.
- 50% of those surveyed for the Popcap survey said that they played games during work.
The article makes interesting reading and you can view the full article here.
However, my experience with E71 has not been great when it comes to gaming. E71 was never designed to be a gaming phone but having used other S60 phones in the past I rarely come across good games for my E71. Has anyone of you found a good game for E71? If so please share it here.